Installing Solar powered LED lights instead of traditional Grid-tied HPS lights will provide significant savings on maintenance, but also on the upfront cost of installation.
Greenshine New Energy provides a quick presentation below on the ROI for 10 LED solar lights installed in a park compared to 10 regular Grid-tied HPS lights .
1 - Main Benefits
- No Trenching nor wiring (There is no trenching to be done between the solar lights, as each lighting system works as an individual electric system).
- No Maintenance (Solar lights are scheduled to be free of maintenance for the first 5-7 years, Batteries and some electronic components will need to be changed after that amount of time).
- No Blackouts (Each lighting unit is working independently, and is isolated from the power grid, all the lights will never fail at the same time).
- Flexibility of installation (Solar lights can be installed anywhere, in any location provided that a sufficient amount of sun is present. Installation in the middle of a desert , or high up on a mountain is not a problem for solar lights. That makes our solar lighting solution the most flexible solar outdoor lighting solution for many isolated locations).
- No Electric Bills (The solar Lights are not connected to the grid power, thus not consuming any electricity from you r power provider. You will save a lot of money).
2 - Assumptions and financial facts
3 - Technical Comparison
NOTES:Lumen output is not the only parameter that should be taken into account when replacing HPS fixtures with LED fixtures. For More information on the best wattage of LED to choose to replace existing HPS, please visit our page related to HPS-LED Comparison.